It’s and NEW YEAR! And I have to say I was very happy to say goodbye to 2016. Now that 2016 is done and dusted I am ready to take on the crazy challenges, and happy evenings filled with food and friends that I am sure 2017 will send my way.
With a fresh start in mind, here are a list of my favorites for January
Music – This month I have been really feeling the jazz and independent side of my music taste really coming out making the short winter days a bit brighter.
- I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me) – Aretha Franklin ft.George Michael
- A Foggy Day (In London Town) – Frank Sanatra rendition
- Mix Tape 2003 – The Academic
- You & Me – The Hunna
Food – The past 6 months I have been vegan, and I have honestly enjoyed every minute of it. There have definitely been times when I have felt like I was missing out but other wise the experience has been great, there most of my favorite recipes have been vegan.
- Twice Baked Potatoes with Buffalo Chickpeas & Cauliflower – The First Mess
- Fettuccine Cashew Alfredo – Oh, Ladycakes
- Two Bean Camp Chili – Vegan in the Freezer
- Greek Style Roasted Lamb Gyros with Harissa Spiced Tzatziki – Half Baked Harvest
Fashion Trends – This month has been interesting for me in the fashion department. I have recently gotten into trends I refused to try before, and I have found styles of love from other decades that I truly believe are classics.
- Pedal Pushers – High waisted capri pants from the 60’s. They are my go to, and look absolutely darling with a bomber jacket and ballet flats.
- Bee hive hair – I love this hair style when I wear my boy friend jeans, the mixing of two different styles makes a unique look that I love.
- Boyfriend jeans – I never really thought I would get into boyfriend jeans they way I have, they don’t necessarily subscribe to the girly style I go for. But they are so much fun and oh so comfortable.
- Sparkly tights – Sparkly tights make me feel so girly and fun, and can instantly make a simple outfit look chic.
Books – I am a huge reader, I love love love books. But I also happen to be a huge re-reader, and all of these books are ones that I have re-read at lest 3 times. They are all must reads!
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before – Jenny Han
- Red Queen – Victoria Aveyard
- Confess – Colleen Hoover
- Swear on This Life – Renee Carlino